The Role: Reporting to the Finance Manager, in this Accountant role you will ensure the integrity of the general ledger and financial reporting systems, by supporting, maintaining, and enhancing those finance systems where necessary. You will also be called on to collate and interpret financial information to provide reports, support and analysis to the Finance Manager, Cost Centre Managers and the Project Delivery team as needed.
Day to day you will:
- Maintaining the Greentree ERP: Includes general maintenance of users, approval routing rules, troubleshooting system errors, etc.
- Maintaining and posting journals: Accruals, prepayments, reclassifications and adjustments including timesheet consolidation to WIP
- Timesheet posting, standard monthly accruals, Customised Solutions revenue, Fast Close revenue accruals, capitalisations and WIP, depreciation, FAR reporting – Tax & Accounting. Balance sheet reconciliations for various general ledger accounts
Seeking someone to start on April 1st, 2021 for this Maternity Leave cover until Mid-January 2022.
Days/ Hours: Standard Business hours of work are 8.30am to 5pm, Monday – Friday.
About the company & culture: Our client is New Zealand’s premier payments switch, offering a 24 X 7, 365-day non-stop service to merchants, banks and retail customers, keeping New Zealand’s commerce engine running. When a customer buys their morning coffee, they’re the business that makes sure that they can pay for it – every time! The working environment is a well-oiled commercial enterprise filled with down to earth personalities with a sense of humour and a positive outlook.
Is This You? You possess robust experience with strong Accounting fundamentals, can operate in an environment with widespread exposure across the business, working with people from every business unit and at every level of the business internally. Additionally, you can expect to work with auditors, finance system external providers, tax advisers and Statistics NZ.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the full range of financial accounting activities
- Recognised professional qualification.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Exposure to MYOB Greentree and Salesforce would be advantageous, but able to adapt easily to new systems and processes.
- Ability to analyse, interpret and communicate financial information.
- Resourcefulness to query the why and how of processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Pays attention to detail and is dogged in getting the process right.
How you are rewarded:
- Competitive remuneration.
If this sounds like the role for you, please submit your application today.
Reference number 125207, or call Mark McCulloch on (09) 303-4455