Te āhuatunga a te tūranga/About the Role
The Judges Personal Assistant is responsible for:
- Providing an efficient and effective administrative and secretarial support service to District Court Judges
- Facilitating effective liaison and communication within the PA judicial support team
- Acting as the key point-of-contact for incoming correspondence, callers and visitors
- Dealing with matters of a highly confidential and sensitive nature at senior levels throughout the business unit and the Ministry
- Maximising the Judges\' ability to carry out their Judicial and extra Judicial responsibilities effectively
- Judicial Personal Assistants report to the Ministry of Justice while taking day to day direction from the Judiciary. Each PA supports approximately four District Court Judges.
Mō te tīma/About our Team
At Tāhū o te Ture - the Ministry of Justice, we\'re committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
Your team is located in the District Courts unit, which administers district, youth and family court services to support judicial decision making. This unit administers the systems and processes supporting criminal prosecutions and civil and family disputes.
This unit is part of the larger District Courts and Special Jurisdictions group. The group\'s purpose is delivering case management and effective administration of jurisdictional registries and supporting the judiciary.
Joining the Ministry of Justice means you will become part of an inclusive organisation that values you and the communities we serve. It\'s our promise to ensure our workplace is one where our people feel healthy and safe, supported and able to be themselves at work. We value respect as the foundation for building a positive workplace culture and one where diversity is welcomed and celebrated.
He pūkenga tou/Skills and Experience
Education/Professional Qualifications and Technical Skills
- A relevant secretarial qualification and/or equivalent experience
- A minimum accurate word processing speed of seventy words per minute
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and planning skills
- Able to relate to a wide range of people at all levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience providing executive assistance, personal assistance or secretarial support to a diversified team of managers in a complex and busy environment
- Previous experience in a legal or court environment is an advantage
- Experience in communicating effectively with individuals and groups (written and oral), including in situations which can be volatile or sensitive
- Experience in events management and/or organising and co-ordinating activities and individuals at a senior level
- Experience in general office duties, operating equipment etc.
- Experience in working with a wide range of computer-based secretarial, administrative, and presentation applications
- Experience using liaison skills; especially with Maori, and networking ability
- Ability to co-ordinate own and the Judge/s work
- Ability to work at a high level of independence, professionalism and self-initiation
- Demonstrates a strong level or organisation and problem solving, and the ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines
- The Judges PA role involves a high degree of self direction with the ability to work autonomously as well as a in a geographically spread team. A high level of empowerment, responsibility and accountability is expected.
Tono mai/How to Apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Applications close on 28th February 2021
Salary band is as follows: $48,853 - $63,796
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com